8 Days Wildebeest Migration Safari
Arusha | Serengeti National Park | Ngorongoro Crater
Days 1: Arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport:
Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro Intl Airport, you’ll be greeted by a senior safari guide and drive you to the hotel in Arusha for dinner and overnight stay.
Days 2: Arusha to Ngorongoro Crater:
After breakfast, you’ll depart for the Ngorongoro Conservation area. You’ll arrive just in time for lunch at the lodge and then we’ll descend over 600m to the crater to view the wildlife in it. Supported by a year round water supply and fodder, the Ngorongoro National Park supports a vast variety of animals, which include herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo, and giant African elephants. Another big draw card to this picturesque national park is its dense population of predators, which include lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot. We will also visit Lake Magadi, a large but shallow alkaline lake in the south western corner, which is one of the main features of the crater. A large number of flamingos, hippos and other water birds can usually been seen here.
Day 3: Ngorongoro – Serengeti (Central Seronera)
After breakfast, we’ll head towards the heart of wild Africa – the Serengeti National Park – with its endless plains, rolling into the distance as far as the eye can see. We’ll proceed to the Lobo area which is located just north of the Seronera area (central Serengeti National Park). The wildebeest migration, normally pass through the Lobo area every year around July / August en-route to the Kenya’s Masai Mara Game Reserve and again in late October / November en-route to the southern Serengeti National Park.
Day 4: Serengeti (Central Seronera) – Northern Serengeti (Kogatende Area)
After breakfast, we head towards the far northern reach of the Serengeti National Park, also known as the Wagakuria. We will do a game drive en-route from the Lobo area to the Wagakuria area. As we head north, good sightings of giraffe, plain game, herds of buffalo and elephants can often be seen.
We arrive in time for lunch at the lodge and after lunch will we enjoy an afternoon game drive in the area. The wildebeest migration can normally be found in the Wagakuria area from August to October, depending on rainfall patterns. A long stretch of the Mara River runs through the northern Serengeti National Park and the Mara River provides the migration with its most difficult obstacle. Witnessing the frantic herds of wildebeest crossing the Mara River is amazing.
Day 5&6: Northern Serengeti (Kogatende)
After breakfast, enjoy a full day game drive in the Wagakuria area. Resident wildlife numbers are exceptionally high in this area of the park, with prides of lion up to 30 strong, however, from August to October the area turns into a wildlife paradise. The key feature is the Mara River and it is not uncommon to see the herds cross the Mara River north on one day and then back south a few days later. Please take note –Finding a crossing is very difficult and is sometimes a matter of luck. A herd can be seen next to river and only decide to cross or not cross until a couple of days later. This area is a stunning region with kopjes, woodland, riverine vegetation and open plains, similar to Kenya’s Masai Mara Game Reserve.
Optional Serengeti Balloon: Prepare for a 4 am wakeup call so that you can fully enjoy your sunrise hot air balloon safari, Enjoy an incredible Safari from The Sky over the Serengeti National Park, boosting enchanting scenery and uninterrupted views as you embark on an extraordinary adventure. Special arrangements are made for you to depart before the break of dawn. This gives you a rare chance to experience the awakening of the surrounding wildlife and a wonderful sunrise. With amazing Opportunities for stunning photographic moments, this miraculous glide over the Serengeti ecosystem allows you to absorb the magnitude of the size of the park. Planned take-off is at dawn – 6am. The flight
Depends mostly on the weather and the wind, thus varies from day to day, but generally it is an hour’s flight. Once you land, our ground team will escort you to your breakfast area where you will commemorate this special event with a hearty breakfast amidst the wild ambiance.
Day 7: Serengeti North – Serengeti Central:
After an early breakfast and with packed lunch, we depart for Central Serengeti. This is actually a full day game drive as we spend a large part of the day on safari in the Northern Serengeti. This is a remote area of Serengeti, somewhat off the beaten track. A less visited area but you will experience the real wilderness with rocky outcrops. A beautiful drive through a magnificent changing landscape. After extensive game drive you will return back to your Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Central Serengeti – to Arusha or Airport.
Early morning we will board the vehicle and drive back to Arusha while enroute game drive, Lunch at the Ngorongoro crater view point, After lunch we will proceed the park and pass-by Maasai Boma along the way before we reach to Arusha for your drop off at the Kilimanjaro International Airport for your flight to your other destination or back home.
What included on the Package Prices
- Safari according to the itinerary and Accommodation
- Transportation in a Luxury 4×4 safari (Safari Jeep)
- Professional English speaking guide (Other Language on request and Availabilities).
- All- accommodation
- Meals according to the itinerary in Full Board
- Mineral water & Soft Drinks
- All mentioned
- All national park fees and Entry
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the
- Accommodation before Safari
- All Airport Transfers
What is Excluded on Package Prices (Available on request)
- International Flights
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Tips to Driver/Guide ($15 – 20/group/Day)
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel Health insurance
- Serengeti Balloon safari. ($.599/person).
- Canoeing at Lake Momella ($. 150/person)
- Night Game drive at Lake Manyara ($100/person).
Inquire A Free Quote
Important information's to know
- Children under 5 years are free of Charge.
- Children are paid 50% of Adults rate – Children are considered from 5 to 15 years.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with paying adults.
- Children under 6-years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- A small amount of walking May involved, carry with you hiking shoes.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- A Yellow fever vaccination is mandatory when enters Tanzania.
- Visas are available on arrival. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler.
- A deposit of 20% is required to confirm the booking; this amount is for booking accommodations and domestic flights if applicable. (Refundable up to 7-days before Departure date)
Get in Touch
Its never too soon or too late to get in touch, we are always eager to help out