6 Days Tanzania Wildlife Safari
6 Days Tanzania Wildlife Safari Itinerary
Arusha | Serengeti National Park | Ngorongoro Crater | Tarangire National Park | Lake Manyara Park
Day 1: Arrival to Kilimanjaro International Airport: Distance: 57Km | Travel Time: 1 hour.
Arriving at Kilimanjaro Airport you might be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the highest Peak in Africa – Mount Kilimanjaro; our transfer team will meet and greet you and will take you to the accommodation on the outskirts of Arusha Town. Relax and rejuvenate in the privacy of your spacious room or enjoy the swimming pool to laze around.
Day 2: Arusha to Tarangire National Park: Distance: 130 | Travel Time: 2.5 hour.
After your breakfast at the hotel, we will pick you up and proceed to Tarangire National park. One of the largest national parks in Tanzania located in Manyara region, this place is characterized by the large herds of elephants, tree climbing lions, and the fascinating baobab trees also called the Tree of Life for its almost mythical powers that some cultures attach to it. This park is especially known for Tarangire River which flows all year round and the only source of water for wild animals during dry seasons. After a full day game drive, your guide will drive you outside the park to Karatu town for dinner and overnight.
Wildlife: Wildebeest, Zebra, Eland, Hartebeest, Lion, Leopards, wild dog, Gerenuk, Oryx, Pythons, Gazelle, Buffalo and Abundant Elephant.
Birdlife: Yellow necked spurfowl, Northern white crowned shrike, Black necked weaver, White faced whistling duck, Red, billed hornbill, Pygmy falcon, African marsh harrier, Woodland kingfisher, Black headed heron, African Hoopoe, Yellow billed stork, Lilac breasted roller, Open-bill stork, Ostrich, Superb starling, Red&Yellow Barbet.
Day 3: Tarangire to – Serengeti National Park: Distance: 305km | Travel Time: 4hour
After breakfast, we proceed to the Central part of Serengeti. This park is well-known for its healthy stock of resident wildlife, particularly the “big five”, named for the five most prized trophies taken by hunters: Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffaloes, and Rhinos.
Popular activities: game viewing, Bird watching and hot air ballooning over the spectacularly scenic terrain.
Wildlife Highlights: wildebeest Migration, zebra, lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros, buffalo, cheetah, gazelle, giraffe, spotted hyena, jackal, Aardwolf, Serval, Agama lizard, rock hyrax, secretary bird, ostrich, black eagle & this is the most visited park in Tanzania; famous for massive migration of ungulates; more than 500 bird species.
Day 4: Serengeti National Park Full Day:
Situated in the heart of Tanzania, the Central Serengeti encompasses the world-famous Seronera Valley which is known for its prime wildlife-viewing opportunities. This picture-perfect landscape is characterized by endless stretches of savannah-covered open plains, interspersed by rocky outcrops of granite, scattered with acacia woodlands and covered in a network of rivers and streams. The Central Serengeti forms part of the great wildebeest and zebra migration and provides an ideal habitat for a variety of wildlife. After extensive game drive you will return back to your Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Serengeti to Ngorongoro Crater: Distance: 160km | Travel Time: 3hour
After breakfast, we will drive to Ngorongoro for the crater tour with picnic descent to the crater floor for the day tour. Some 20,000 mammals live in the area including about 20 black rhinoceros, making the crater the best place in Tanzania to see these amazing creatures. The crater floor also has one of the highest carnivore densities in the world. Lions, cheetahs, hyenas and jackals are commonly seen, while leopards, Serval and bat-eared foxes may be seen with some luck. We will leave the crater around 4pm after game viewing of African Big-five in one park and drive to the accommodation on crater rim for Dinner and overnight.
Wildlife Highlights: wildebeest, zebra, gazelle, black rhinoceros, lion, hartebeest, spotted hyena, hippopotamus, buffalo, elephant, mountain reedbuck, leopard, serval, ostrich, kori- bustard, papilio sjoestedti & many archeological and paleontological sites: Olduvai Gorge, Laetoli, Lake Ndutu.
Day 6: Ngorongoro to Lake Manyara to Arusha or Airport.
We pick you up from your hotel and drive to Lake Manyara. The park derived its name from the Maasai word “Manyara”, which is the Swahili name for the plant, Euphorbia tirucalli. The Maasai use this plant to grow livestock stockades, which matures to a highly durable shockproof hedge. Manyara provides the perfect introduction to Tanzania’s birdlife. More than 400 species have been recorded, and even a first-time visitor to Africa might reasonably expect to observe 100 of these in one day. Inland of the floodplain, a narrow belt of acacia woodland is the favored haunt of Manyara’s legendary tree-climbing lions and impressively tusked elephants. After lunch we will leave the park and pass-by Maasai boma along th way before we reach to Arusha for your drop off at the Kilimanjaro International Airport for your flight to your other destination or back home.
What included on the Package Prices
- Safari according to the itinerary and Accommodation
- Transportation in a Luxury 4×4 safari (Safari Jeep)
- Professional English speaking guide (Other Language on request and Availabilities).
- All- accommodation
- Meals according to the itinerary in Full Board
- Mineral water & Soft Drinks
- All mentioned
- All national park fees and Entry
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the
- Accommodation before Safari
- All Airport Transfers
What is Excluded on Package Prices (Available on request)
- International Flights
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Tips to Driver/Guide ($15 – 20/group/Day)
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel Health insurance
- Serengeti Balloon safari. ($.599/person).
- Canoeing at Lake Momella ($. 150/person)
- Night Game drive at Lake Manyara ($100/person).
Inquire A Free Quote
Important information's to know
- Children under 5 years are free of Charge.
- Children are paid 50% of Adults rate – Children are considered from 5 to 15 years.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with paying adults.
- Children under 6-years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- A small amount of walking May involved, carry with you hiking shoes.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- A Yellow fever vaccination is mandatory when enters Tanzania.
- Visas are available on arrival. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler.
- A deposit of 20% is required to confirm the booking; this amount is for booking accommodations and domestic flights if applicable. (Refundable up to 7-days before Departure date)
Get in Touch
Its never too soon or too late to get in touch, we are always eager to help out