12 Days Motorcycle Tour and Zanzibar Beach
This 12 Day Motorcycle tour and beach will start with 6-days Motorcycle Tour which will make you enjoy the adventure of Tanzania on the bike through untouched magnificent destinations and tracks, off the beaten roads right into the bush and experience authentic and exceptional encounters with the African wildlife as you interact with indigenous groups in in Africa such as the Maasai, Chagga, Pare and the Sambaa and see the best of Tanzania from off-road Motorcycle tour that ride over mountains, valleys and vast plains of wildlife and rich African cultures.
After the Dusty and bumpy days, now it’s time for relaxation for 4-days in Zanzibar Islands. Zanzibar offers the world’s most beautiful beaches. Soft white sandy beaches surrounded by colorful coral reefs and the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Zanzibar Island has about 25 beaches, sprinkled with fishing villages.
We Recommends Double Tree Hotel by Hilton in Nungwi because it is in the Northern coast of Island, which is the Zanzibar’s best beaches, all with crystal white sand and colorful coral reefs. Nungwi and Kendwa are one of the most popular beaches since they do not have to deal with high and low tides. It has a chilled atmosphere with numbers of restaurants, bars and accommodation options.
12 Days Motorcycle Tour and Zanzibar Beach Itinerary:
Day 1: Arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport
Meet and greet from Dahlia Africa staffs, from JRO airport you will be taken to the lodge for a refreshing, in the evening you will meet the bikes for personal adjustment and trial. If flying with Qatar airways the plan will be well blend. In the evening we will take you to Arusha famous street for a dinner BBQ (vegetarian meals also available).On this evening we will give briefing for the next day activities. After dinner we will take you around for a drink if interested but if much tired we will return you to the lodge for a rest of the night.
Day 2: Arusha to Lake Natron to through Manyara Eco System
- Distance: 213 kilometers / 132 miles
- Travel duration: 8 hours.
- Terrain: Dirt road, gravels, rocky and sandy, steep trails (113km Tarmac road)
After breakfast at around 8:00am, our chief guide will give you a clear briefing on what to do and expect on the day and the whole tour in general. He will also introduce you to the rest of the crew for greetings and getting to know each other. You will therefore test your motorcycles and protective gears and see if they fit you comfortably, this ride will take you on tarmac road up to Mto wa Mbu village, and then take a hardcore route of Mto wa Mbu to Lake Natron. We ride through rolling country with scrub and scattered thorn trees and we will see colorful Maasai herding their cows and goats, will ensure you have some fun and build your skills and speed. We may also see antelope and zebra, and if we are lucky perhaps a predators. We will ride on loose gravel and a little sand which is fun and later find a well maintained dirt road which leads us to Maasai Giraffe eco. While here, we are going to visit the largest soda ash lake, Lake Natron, Engare Sero waterfalls and views of Oldonyo Lengai.
We will experience the Maasai culture, traditions and customs. Meals will be prepared in native way with high hygienic standards and Maasai warriors will give us a dance while enjoying the barbeque.
Day 3: Lake Natron to West Kilimanjaro
- Distance: kilometers 237 / 147 miles
- Travel duration: 8 hours.
- Terrain: Dirt road, gravels, sandy, and forestry trails.
On this day, we will ride on the typical African roads; dust, sand and gravel up to the small town of Longido. This is an adventure ride on a very dusty trail way down into a huge gorge where resident wildebeest, zebras, giraffes and antelopes gather for grazing land and water. The last 108 km in this leg is a sandy, stony and forest trails. Arrive at Simba Farm Lodge late afternoon after check inn to be followed by Farm tour around Simba farm where we explain how the farm is managed and the history of the area. We end the farm tour on the sundowner spot overlooking the plains, mountains (Mt Kilimanjaro, Mt. Meru, and Mt. Doinyo Lengai) and on a clear day. The farm tour starts around 17:00 and back before dinner. Walking to the sunset. 15minutes +/- walking to our new sundowner hill close to the lodge overlooking the farm and the Maasai plains and a striking view of Shira plateau. Warm clothes and good foot ware are recommended for the tour, when the sun goes down it does get fairly chilli.
Simba Farm is located in between Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru. You will have an awesome view of both old volcanic mountains.
Day 4: West Kilimanjaro to Lake Chala
- Distance: kilometers 136 / 85 miles
- Travel duration: 7 hours.
- Terrain: Dirt road, gravels, sandy, and forestry trails
This day will be an awesome day since the ride will be from the leeward side of Mount Kilimanjaro to the windward side of it. Two peaks of Mawenzi and Kibo will be visible in the morning and evening. This is also a chance to pass over different Chagga people whom are regarded as the typical conservators of Mount Kilimanjaro. On this day we will take picnic lunch, and if we’re lucky we might be able to see mountain primates such as black and white Colobus monkeys and blue monkeys on the forest reserve.
The ride will pass over earth road and newly tarmacked roads. Arrive at Lake Chala Safari Lodge early evening for rest dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Lake Chala to Same via Pare Mountains
- Distance: 120 kilometers / 75 miles
- Travel duration: 5 hours.
- Terrain: Dirt road, up-and-down hills + 6Kms of tarmac.
After early breakfast at Lake Chala, will have time for walking down the Lake and have a morning swim (option) where after that we leave the Lodge heading south to the Pare Mountains riding along curved easy dirt road. After a Lunch break stop is when we will take a dirt road to the trans boundary Lake Jipe then leave the lake and start heading uphill’s to Pare Mountains with a nice view of the small towns/villages down hills to the Motel we will be riding down hills along dirt roads with lots of sharp corners. This day it much of trial for the next day ride which is much of intense riding. The motel at Same has spectacular views of the South Pare Mountains and because of its location it is the ideal gateway to Mkomazi National Park, the South Pare Mountains and Shengena Forest.
Day 6: Pare Mountains to Lushoto Highlands
- Distance: 190 kilometers / 118 miles
- Travel duration: 7 hours.
- Terrain: Dirty, gravels, rocky, and sandy trail.
After breakfast we explore through the range of the eastern Pare Mountains where we will ride down to the southern ranges and will be no tarmac roads at all. The trail goes through virgin savannah up and about to Lake Kalimawe which is surrounded by rice plantations and small villages. The ride continues adjacent to the area of Mkomazi National Park on the slopes.
After lunch break, we will start to explore the Usambara Mountains, small villages of Mnazi and Mlalo and palm forests. We are going to ride on the zigzag road up the Usambara Mountains at Mtae (Mambo village) over 2300ma.s.l, which offers unique views over the region. This is a big day of riding and all of us will be tired at the end of this adventure and we will surely deserve a cold beer and a rest.
Day 7: Lushoto Highlands to Tanga Region
- Distance: kilometers 276/172 miles
- Travel duration: 8 hours.
- Terrain: Dirty, gravels, rocky, and forestry trail.
This day will take you from the West Usambara Mountains at Lushoto highlands all the way down the hills and sharp corners to the townships of Mombo and Korogwe before taking a rough road up hills to East Usambara Mountains where you will have your picnic lunch near the beautiful Amani Natural reserve. The reserve was created to protect the unique, biologically important sub-montane forest ecosystem of Tanzania’s East Usambara Mountains. The place will brainwash you as you ride along the nature trails. You can feel the fresh air and the voice of thousands of small birds. The trail will take you through several local villages before riding town hills to Tanga for your evening rest and overnight at Tanga Beach Resort where you will have your first torch of Indian Ocean.
Day 8: Tanga region to Zanzibar Islands
Transfer to Tanga airport will depend on your flight time. Dahlia Africa will link you with the timings. Transfers will be on time to catch your flight. On Arrival our driver will pick you from Zanzibar airport to your hotel In Nungwi beach.
Day 9, 10 & 11: Full Days of Leisure in Zanzibar White Sand Beach:
Days of Leisure and relax in Zanzibar White sand Beaches, all the Zanzibar Activities can be booked locally.
Day 12: Departure Day
Your Last day in Zanzibar, You will wake up to sharks, and fly over the archipelago. Then, you will board your international flight. Two weeks have come to an end, but they will certainly never be forgotten.
What included on Prices
- Personal meet and greet services.
- Private Transfers to and from Airports.
- Bike + Fuel + Guide.
- Basic spares, Tools and First aid kit.
- Support vehicle – 4×4 Safari Jeep.
- All Park fees, entry fees and Government Taxes.
- Professional experienced English speaking guide and full-time mechanic.
- Full board accommodations and all 3 Meals Every day.
- Motorbike insurance third party in Tanzania.
- AMREF Flying Doctors Insurance on the tour – Emergency Evacuation Service.
- 4×4 Safari Jeep with pop-up roof for safari
- All Airport Transfers
What is Excluded on Prices (Available on request)
- International Flights
- Visas and Vaccinations.
- Driver/guide gratuities.
- Bike Insurance – Third Party.
- Any other items of a personal nature.
- Personal travel & medical insurance.
- Visas (US$50) and yellow fever vaccination.
- Serengeti Balloon Safari (USD. 599/person).
Inquire A Free Quote
Important information's to know
- Distance on Motorbike: 1172kms/ 728miles distance will be covered on this tour (roughly 80% of this distance will be off-road).
- Experience: Suitable for all skilled bikers who like a couple of long riding days, but you don’t need experience on un-tarred roads. No hard off-road riding involved. Most roads you’ll ride around 60 – 100 km/hour. The itinerary is planned in such a way that you have plenty of time to enjoy the magnificent scenery. You’ll encounter wildlife and indigenous people to learn their culture most of the days.
- Zanzibar Spice Islands: Colorful corals and culture: Zanzibar Island offers laid-back beach life, but also a diversity of activities and a colorful culture and history. The old Stone Town is amazing mix of cultures. Food lovers and culture enthusiasts can visit interesting cultural places like Sultan’s Palace, the House of Wonders and Darajani or Forodhani food markets. You can go on a Spice Tour or explore the amazing coral reefs and swim among tropical reef fish. The opportunities are endless. Zanzibar Island has all the ingredients to make a memorable holiday.
- Motorbike Types & Model: Honda CRF250L – 2013.
- Suitability: Very suitable for riders with a pillion; if you want to skip a day on the backseat you can ride with the backup vehicle.
- Accommodation and Meal: Most of our accommodations facilities have hot showers, swimming pool, Bar, Wi-Fi and laundry services. Three meals are included as indicated at each day with B (breakfast), L (lunch) and/or D (dinner). Special evening events (like evenings with local Maasai BBQ) are also included as per the itinerary. Accommodation in Zanzibar Islands are based on Half Board basis to provide you with flexibility during lunch times which is reasonable for you to experience local dishes of your choice.
- Add-on: The visit to the highlights of northern Tanzania National Parks such as the Tarangire National Park, the Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater.
- Single room’s supplements: $610pp.
- Pillion riders pay 25% less than of the riders cost.
For The Ride:
- Motorcycle jacket.
- Protective pants.
- Sturdy shoes or boots.
- Protective gloves.
- Sunglasses or goggles.
- Shawl or buff.
- Rain gear (optional).
For off the bike:
- Swimming gear
- Fleece sweater (April /Oct)
- Underwear, socks etc.
- T-shirts and/or blouses
- Casuals for the evenings
- Slippers or sandals
- Shorts (f.i. during game drives)
- Cap or hat.
Documents and money:
- Flight ticket (print of your e-ticket)
- Valid passport with at least two empty right-hand pages (valid until at least 1 or 6 months after your Flight date back home).
- Valid motorcycle driver’s license and if needed a valid international driver’s license.
- A photocopy or scan of all of the above
- Vaccination certificate
- (Bank)card with which you can use on ATM’s in Tanzania.
- Credit card (Mastercard, American Express or Visa)
- Cash Dollars or Euro
- Malaria prophylaxis and other personal medical drugs
- Basic First Aid set containing Painkillers, plasters, antiseptic etc.
- Mosquito repellent (containing at least 50% Deet or similar)
- Sun cream and Glasses.
- Camera, including memory card, (spare) batteries and charger)
- Plastic bags, dust-proof
- Duct tape (for those repairs)
- Torch or headlamp.
Get in Touch
Its never too soon or too late to get in touch, we are always eager to help out