10 Days Tanzania Wheelchair Accessible Safari Itinerary
Arusha | Serengeti National Park | Ngorongoro Crater | Tarangire National Park | Lake Manyara Park | Arusha Park.
Day 1: Arrival Day: Kilimanjaro International Airport:
You’ll be met by our ground handling team at Kilimanjaro International Airport and transferred you to the delightful accommodation of your choice.
Day 2: A day to Rest and a Safari to a nearest Arusha National Park
In the morning after late breakfast, your guide will pick you from your hotel in Arusha and take you to the closest Arusha National Park. The park has an incredible variety of fauna and flora, which cannot fail to impress. Hollywood also chose this region to film the movie “Hatari” in which Hardy Kruger starred alongside the legendary John Wayne. Your day trip will include a visit to the Ngurdo Crater. Buffaloes, waterbucks, giraffes, warthogs, zebras and baboons can be seen all year round as well as many different bird species. For those without mobility issues and wanted to do a walking safari, an armed ranger will be waiting for you to accompany you on your walking safari that will give you the chance to experience the wildlife up-close. Only a few other national parks in Tanzania give you such an opportunity and it is something that should not be missed. Those on wheelchair will proceed with safari on Car until lunch tome, Lunch will be taken at a picnic place and in the afternoon, you will continue your tour in the safari vehicle through the Arusha National Park. After plenty of time allocated for you to observe the wildlife, we will take you back to Hotel in Arusha.
Day 3: Arusha to Tarangire National Park
After breakfast your guide will pick you from hotel lobby and drive you to Tarangire National park, the is the elephant Sanctuary, the giant baobab trees, bush savannah and the seasonal marshes add to the wonder of this nature reserve. The Tarangire National Park is considered as one of the best places to view elephants up close. The park is also home to buffaloes, zebras and wildebeests which are always closely followed by a range of predators such as lions. Leopards are seen now and then but cheetahs are rarely spotted. From the open roof of the safari vehicle you will be able to absorb the landscape and watch the animals. In the late afternoon you will drive to your accommodation inside the park for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Tarangire National Park to Lake Manyara National Park
After breakfast you will drive to Lake Manyara National Park, whose lake Ernest Hemingway claimed was “the loveliest I had seen in Africa”. The park offers a compact game viewing circuit and is one of the most diverse reserves in the country. The lake itself covers two-thirds of the park and the Great Rift Valley provides a stunning backdrop. Over 400 species of birds can be found in the Manyara, including thousands of pink-hued flamingos on their perpetual migration, as well as other large water birds such as pelicans, cormorants and storks.
Day 5: Lake Manyara to – Serengeti National Park:
After breakfast, we proceed to the Central part of Serengeti. This park is well-known for its healthy stock of resident wildlife, particularly the “big five”, named for the five most prized trophies taken by hunters: Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffaloes, and Rhinos.
Day 6&7: Serengeti National Park Full Day:
These two days are dedicated to game viewing in the Serengeti National Park, Situated in the heart of Tanzania, the Central Serengeti encompasses the world-famous Seronera Valley which is known for its prime wildlife-viewing opportunities. This picture-perfect landscape is characterized by endless stretches of savannah-covered open plains, interspersed by rocky outcrops of granite, scattered with acacia woodlands and covered in a network of rivers and streams. The Central Serengeti forms part of the great wildebeest and zebra migration and provides an ideal habitat for a variety of wildlife. After extensive game drive you will return back to your Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Popular activities: game viewing, Bird watching and hot air ballooning over the spectacularly scenic terrain.
Wildlife Highlights: wildebeest Migration, zebra, lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros, buffalo, cheetah, gazelle, giraffe, spotted hyena, jackal, Aardwolf, Serval, Agama lizard, rock hyrax, secretary bird, ostrich, black eagle & this is the most visited park in Tanzania; famous for massive migration of ungulates; more than 500 bird species.
Optional Serengeti Balloon: Prepare for a 4 am wakeup call so that you can fully enjoy your sunrise hot air balloon safari, Enjoy an incredible Safari from The Sky over the Serengeti National Park, boosting enchanting scenery and uninterrupted views as you embark on an extraordinary adventure. Special arrangements are made for you to depart before the break of dawn. This gives you a rare chance to experience the awakening of the surrounding wildlife and a wonderful sunrise. With amazing Opportunities for stunning photographic moments, this miraculous glide over the Serengeti ecosystem allows you to absorb the magnitude of the size of the park. Planned take-off is at dawn – 6am. The flight
Depends mostly on the weather and the wind, thus varies from day to day, but generally it is an hour’s flight. Once you land, our ground team will escort you to your breakfast area where you will commemorate this special event with a hearty breakfast amidst the wild ambiance.
Day 8: Serengeti – Ngorongoro Conservation Area:
Early start, if you wish 06:30 am with packed breakfast box, then after picnic early hot lunch we will be heading to Ngorongoro Conservation Area with en-route game drive. In the afternoon you will your walk along the Crater rim the walk that will take you through gorgeous foliage, past colorful wild flowers and lush trees unique to the Ngorongoro Highlands. The walk is particularly rewarding for montane forest birds, including the olive sunbird, cinnamon-chested bee-eater, and European roller that we spotted. You could also – as we did – come across larger fauna; such as giraffe, zebra and elephant (which is why you are accompanied by an experienced guide and armed ranger at all times). After this beautiful walking tour, you will return to the lodge at crater rim for dinner and overnight.
Day 9: Ngorongoro Crater Full Day
After breakfast, we will drive to Ngorongoro for the crater tour with picnic descent to the crater floor for the day tour. Some 20,000 mammals live in the area including about 20 black rhinoceros, making the crater the best place in Tanzania to see these amazing creatures. The crater floor also has one of the highest carnivore densities in the world. Lions, cheetahs, hyenas and jackals are commonly seen, while leopards, Serval and bat-eared foxes may be seen with some luck. We will leave the crater around 4pm after game viewing of African Big-five in one park and drive to the accommodation on crater rim for Dinner and overnight.
Wildlife Highlights: wildebeest, zebra, gazelle, black rhinoceros, lion, hartebeest, spotted hyena, hippopotamus, buffalo, elephant, mountain reedbuck, leopard, serval, ostrich, kori- bustard, papilio sjoestedti & many archeological and paleontological sites: Olduvai Gorge, Laetoli, Lake Ndutu.
Day 10: Mto wa Mbu cultural Activities (1-hours) – Arusha Airport
Morning After breakfast, you will wake up from crater rim and drive outside the park to the local village of Mto Wa Mbu to experience local cultures on a 1-hours tour cultural experience. You visit Maasai village for best Maasai traditions, local institutions (schools, church…) and a local bar and enjoy the sights and sounds of this vibrant village. After the tour you will drive you to Arusha then to Kilimanjaro airport for your flight back home.
What included on the Package Prices
- Safari according to the itinerary and Accommodation
- Transportation in a Luxury 4×4 safari (Safari Jeep)
- Professional English speaking guide (Other Language on request and Availabilities).
- All- accommodation
- Meals according to the itinerary in Full Board
- Mineral water & Soft Drinks
- All mentioned
- All national park fees and Entry
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the
- Accommodation before Safari
- All Airport Transfers
What is Excluded on Package Prices (Available on request)
- International Flights
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Tips to Driver/Guide ($15 – 20/group/Day)
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel Health insurance
- Serengeti Balloon safari. ($.599/person).
- Canoeing at Lake Momella ($. 150/person)
- Night Game drive at Lake Manyara ($100/person).
Inquire A Free Quote
TANZANIA ACCESSIBLE SAFARI INFORMATIONS
- Manual Wheelchair
- Beach Wheelchair
- Toilets and Bath Chair
- Canes (Quad and Forearm canes).
- What is the Width of the vehicle ramp/lift?
- What is the Width of the door opening; the guest will enter the vehicle through?
- What is the Height of the door opening the guest will enter the vehicle through?
- What is the Height inside the vehicle from floor to roof?
- Can the guest easily move to a regular car seat once inside the vehicle?
- Guest can move easily to a regular car seat and this is the only option available due to the nature of the roads and kind of our excursions. Therefore clients will always enter the car on their wheel chair but move to a regular car seat while inside. The wheelchair will then be transported separately.
- Can the vehicle accommodate all types of mobility equipment (Manual Wheelchair / Electric Wheelchair / Heavy Power Chair / Mobility Scooter)
- YES! There is enough space for such equipments.
- How many disabled rooms have roll-in showers?
- All the hotel rooms we book have roll-in showers.
- How many with bathtubs with grab bars?
- We don’t book the rooms with bathtubs for disable customers, but the accessible rooms have grab bars. Please note, Some rooms may not have grab bars but the roll-in shower, easy access to rooms, showers/toilet and other public areas while on wheel chair is a must and minimum criteria.
- Is the bathroom door at least 75 cm wide?
- YES , the bath doors are bigger enough to allow customers to get inside the toilet with wheelchair.
- Does the roll-in shower have a bench/chair attached to wall, portable plastic chair/stool, or neither?
- YES! We have special designed shower chairs for wheel chair users that we always use while with larger groups that will require some of our clients staying in rooms that are not fully designed for wheel chair users but are accessible in both room and showers/toilets. Therefore we do not depend fully on Hotels. We have some supportive equipment of our own. (explained in question number 1.)
- Are grab bars located on right, left, or both sides of toilet?
- Grab bars are usually located on one side of the toilet; left or right but we may find in some hotels that are located in both sides.
- Can a wheelchair be positioned on the left, right, or both sides of the bed?
- It is either right, left or both sides of the bed as it depends on the hotel.
- Do the accessible rooms have one large bed, two small beds, or can be arranged in either position?
- Accessible rooms in the hotels can be arranged in either form. Double or twin.
- Do any of the accessible rooms have connecting rooms?
- YES! Some rooms are interconnected.
- Are there guest rooms on the ground floor?
- Is there an elevator to rooms on other floors?
- Is the elevator door at least 75 cm (30 inches) wide? If less, how wide?
- ABSOLUTELY! It is 80cms wide.
- Is the breakfast room / restaurant on the ground floor or can it be reached by elevator?
- YES! All restaurants can be reached by elevator.
- Is the entrance to the building flat, ramped, or has unavoidable steps?
- Entrance to buildings flat have one side ramped and another side stepped.
- Is there a handrail on the left side, right side, or both sides of the steps/ramp? Is there a lift?
- Some hotels have one side with handrail left or right and some have no handrail at all, in this case Our team and hotel staff is always there to offer assistance.
- Does step free entrance requires notification of staff?
- No! They are always accessible 24/7.
- Does the door open manually inward or outward, is revolving, is automated by button, or is motion activated?
- The doors open manually inwards.
Important information's to know
- Children under 5 years are free of Charge.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with paying adults.
- Children under 6-years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- A small amount of walking May involved, carry with you hiking shoes.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- A Yellow fever vaccination is mandatory when enters Tanzania.
- Visas are available on arrival. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler.
- A deposit of 20% is required to confirm the booking; this amount is for booking accommodations and domestic flights if applicable. (Refundable up to 7-days before Departure date)
Get in Touch
Its never too soon or too late to get in touch, we are always eager to help out